Broadly, the responsibilities of WorkSafe are to:
- help avoid workplace injuries occurring
- enforce Victoria's occupational health and safety laws
- provide reasonably priced workplace injury insurance for employers
- help injured workers back into the workforce
- manage the workers' compensation scheme by ensuring the prompt delivery of appropriate services and adopting prudent financial practices.
Learn more about WorkSafe's:
- Vision, mission and values
- Statutory obligations
- Injury and claims area
- Safety and prevention area
WorkSafe 2017You can learn more about our new five year strategy, WorkSafe 2017
Annual Report 2012
You can also learn more about WorkSafe Agents
Contact the WorkSafe Advisory Service.