Apply For WorkSafe Insurance
How can I apply?
You can apply for WorkSafe insurance in two ways; either online or via a printable form. If you require assistance at any time contact a WorkSafe agent. If you are a labour hire employer contact a WorkSafe agent before commencing your application online.
- Submit online for immediate coverage
- Partially complete your application online and return to complete it later
- Upload copies of supporting documents
- A statement of your submitted online application is provided for your records
If you do not want to make your application online
- You must download and print the application form in order to complete it; and
- Return the form to the postal address of your chosen WorkSafe agent
How can I check the progress of an application?
For online applications you can check the status of a completed application for up to 60 days after submission or by contacting your chosen WorkSafe agent.
For manually submitted paper form applications contact your chosen WorkSafe agent to check the progress of your application.
When should I apply
Your application for a WorkSafe insurance policy must be received within 60 days of the date you meet the criteria of requiring a policy.
Do I need a cover note?If you have not lodged an application within the 30 days, you can obtain a cover note by contacting your chosen WorkSafe agent. Once you have a cover note, you must make a complete a full application prior to its expiry.
Managing your WorkSafe insurance policy
Once your policy has been created you will be provided a user name and password to access Online employer services. Online employer services allows you to manage you policy and meet your policy holding obligations online.
Information on managing your policy can be found at Manage your WorkSafe insurance policy.