Compliance codes provide practical guidance to those who have duties or obligations under the OHS Act. They aim to provide easy to understand information on how to comply.
This information, if applied appropriately, will mean those who follow it are deemed to have complied with their obligations under the OHS Act.
The eight compliance codes now available are:
- Communicating occupational health and safety across languages*
- Workplace amenities and work environment*
- Confined spaces*
- First aid in the workplace*
- Prevention of falls in general construction*
- Managing asbestos in workplaces
- Removing asbestos in workplaces
* These codes replace existing Codes of Practice.
The codes were developed after extensive consultation with industry, employers, employees, governmental agencies and the community to provide greater certainty about what constitutes compliance under the OHS Act.