Medical Practitioner Notification - Asbestos
- Medical Practitioner Notification - Asbestos (PDF 45kb)
Document Type: Form
Category: Asbestos, Licensing and Registrations,
Publication Date: 23 July 2007
Date First Published: 11 October 2006
Summary: This form is intended for licensed asbestos removalists who are required to arrange medical examinations all employees undertaking asbestos removal. Licensed removalists should use this form to notify WorkSafe of the details of medical examiners.
About this form
- Employers must arrange medical examinations and biological monitoring for workers in asbestos-risk jobs who are exposed to asbestos levels above half the exposure standard on an ongoing basis.
- Licenced asbestos removalists must have regular medical examinations to monitor their asbestos levels.
- A registered medical practitioner must be engaged to carry out medical examinations.
- No fee applies
Where to send the form
WorkSafe Occupational Hygiene unit
GPO Box 4293
Melbourne VIC 3001
Fax: 1800 06 727
- Notify WorkSafe of the medical practitioners' details who will be monitoring asbestos levels in your workers. You must provide these details within 7 days of engaging the medical practitioner.