Support centre

Claim Enquiries

Support Centre - Claim Enquiries Close

Most popular questions

Storing explosives

Small quantities of consumer fireworks, distress signals, industrial safety cartridges, safety cartridges, primers and propellants can be stored without holding a licence under the explosives regulations. Storage of small quantities of other explosives can be covered under another licence. For larger quantities a storage licence is required.

There are two licences that cover the storage of explosives. They are:

  • licence for medium scale storage
  • licence to store explosives in quantities above prescribed quantities (formerly known as the licence to store explosives at a magazine).

Pyrotechnicians need to be aware of changes to the provision for the temporary storage of fireworks. See Fireworks for further information.