Incidents Involving Explosives and High Consequence Dangerous Goods
Employers and occupiers must report incidents involving explosives immediately to:
- Victoria Police at 000
- WorkSafe Victoria at 132 360
Incidents involving explosives that must be reported include:
- all injuries
- damage to property
- fire that may be caused by an explosion
- any theft, attempted theft or unexplained loss of High Consequence Dangerous Goods (HCDG)
- any other security incident involving HCDG.
WorkSafe will call the employer or occupier the same day and advise the employer or occupier:
- if an inspector will visit their site
- whether the employer or occupier can disturb the incident scene.
Serious incidents will be assessed by a WorkSafe Inspector. For more information, refer to compliance and enforcement.