SafetyMAP (Safety Management Achievement Program)
SafetyMAP (Safety Management Achievement Program) is an audit tool that provides the means to undertake an independent audit and review of an organisation's health and safety management system.
SafetyMAP helps to establish safer working environments consistent with the requirements of health and safety legislation that will protect people at work by eliminating, or better managing, health and safety hazards.
The audit criteria within SafetyMAP enable an organisation to:
- measure the performance of its health and safety program
- implement a cycle of continuous improvement
- compare its health and safety performance system to a recognised benchmark
- gain recognition for the standards achieved by its management of health and safety.
The audit criteria describe features one might observe in a robust health and safety management system. However an organisation may not require all of these features to have an effective health and safety management system. The system components should be based on organisational needs, circumstances and risk exposure, not an audit tool.
Get an overview of the SafetyMAP process, what it is and how to get started:
There are a number of standards that guide the conduct of SafetyMAP audits and the issue of SafetyMAP certificates.
Forms and publications
- SafetyMAP: Auditing health & safety management systems
- SafetyMAP System Development Tools
- SafetyMAP Initial Level User Guide
- SafetyMAP Advanced Level User Guide
Further information and assistance
WorkSafe Victoria maintains a database of health and safety consultants who offer a wide variety of services in the health and safety field, including SafetyMAP.
The Joint Accreditation System – Australia and New Zealand (JAS-ANZ) - maintains a list of accredited Certificate Bodies who can issue SafetyMAP certificates. The current list can be obtained from JAS-ANZ by telephoning (02) 6232 2000 or visit their website at www.jas-anz.com.au.
Any queries regarding SafetyMAP can be emailed to email@example.com.