Support centre

Claim Enquiries

Support Centre - Claim Enquiries Close

Most popular questions

Do I Need A Licence?

The law requires you to obtain a licence from WorkSafe before doing certain types of work.

Requirements for licences or registrations are set out in the following regulations which are administered by WorkSafe:

  1. Occupational Health & Safety Regulations 2017
  2. Dangerous Goods (HCDG) Regulations 2016
  3. Dangerous Goods (Explosives) Regulations 2011
  4. Dangerous Goods (Transport by Road or Rail) Regulations 2008.

You must be licensed to perform any of the following types of work:

In addition, certain designs, types and items of plant need to be registered before being used in the workplace.

Refer to types of licences and registrations for a list of licences and registrations administered by WorkSafe.