Licence For A Vehicle To Transport Dangerous Goods
Owners of dangerous goods transport vehicles are required to licence each vehicle. Each vehicle is licensed according to the class of dangerous goods carried.
Specifically a vehicle licence is required when a road vehicle is used to transport:
- dangerous goods that are in a container with a capacity of more than 500 litres; or
- more than 500 kilograms of dangerous goods in a container.
This requirement does not apply if:
- the goods are transported in an IBC; and
- the IBC is not filled or emptied whilst on the vehicle; and
- the total capacity of the IBC's containing dangerous goods on the vehicle is not more than 3,000 litres.
- $60 per vehicle
(Please note that minimum vehicle insurance for placard loads is $5 million.)
Licence is valid for 5 years.
Where to send the form
WorkSafe Licensing branch
GPO Box 4293
Melbourne VIC 3001
Link to the application form
Licence for a vehicle to transport dangerous goods.
Complete the application form ensuring it is signed, witnessed and dated, and also provide
- copy of any associated tank approval(s) if applicable
- required fee.
- Contact the Licensing branch on 1300 852 562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Road Transport Reform (Dangerous Goods) Regulations 1997
- Enquiries relating to bulk dangerous goods vehicle licences and the regulations should be directed to the Advisory Service.
- Dangerous goods licence conditions
- Dangerous goods transport