Licence To Transport Explosives By Rail
You must hold a licence, to transport explosives by rail in quantities greater than those specified in the regulations. Complete this application form if you need a new licence, amendment to your licence or renewal of your licence.
- $500 for issue or renewal of a licence
- $175 for amendment to your licence
- $40 National Police check
- $20 ASIO security assessment (if you have previously completed an ASIO security assessment through WorkSafe you do not need repeat or pay for this assessment again.)
Licence is valid for up to 5 years.
Where to send the form
WorkSafe Licensing branch
GPO Box 4293
Melbourne VIC 3001
Link to the application form
Application for a licence to transport explosives by rail
Complete the application form and also provide:
- Identification form – natural person which includes
- 100 points of identification at least one with your photograph and signature,
- identification showing your date of birth,
- 2 verified passport sized photographs
- Identification form – non-individual only complete this formif the applicant is abody corporate.(If you have previously completed these identification forms, you do not need to complete them again, unless your details have changed.)
- Application to conduct a National Police check and ASIO security assessment form including drivers licence details
If you are renewing your licence you are not required to complete the identification forms again unless your details have changed. In addition to providing the information above, please provide your existing licence number.
- Contact the Licensing branch on 1300 852 562 or email email@example.com
- More information about transporting explosives.
- Licence conditions
- You can purchase copies of the Dangerous Goods (Explosives) Regulations 2011 from Information Victoria on 1300 366 356 or you can view them at legislation.vic.gov.au.
- More information about -Licence for an explosives vehicle (PDF)