Major Hazard Guidance Notes have been prepared to provide further clarification of the MHF Regulations.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print these Major Hazard Guidance Notes.
Feedback on guidance notes – Email: email@example.com.
- Notification and registration of a major hazard facility
- Determination process
- Safety case overview
- Safety Case outline for a major hazard facility
- Information for persons intending to operate a major hazard facility
- Coordination between major hazard facilities
- Consultation and representation at a major hazard facility
- Safety management systems for major hazard facilities
- Hazard identification at a major hazard facility
- Control measures for a major hazard facility
- Safety Assessment for a major hazard facility
- Requirements for demonstration
- Emergency planning at a major hazard facility
- The role of fire studies at major hazard facilities
- Protection of property
- Management of change at a major hazard facility
- Performance standards and indicators
- Revision of a Safety Case
- Renewal of a major hazard facility licence
- Reporting loss of containment incidents at major hazard facilities
Guidance on land use planning
This information sheet will assist planning and relevant authorities ensure exposure to risks from potential low frequency-high consequence incidents at existing major hazard facilities (MHF) is not increased by new developments or changes in land use surrounding them. It includes a sample map showing planning advisory areas around an MHF.