Small Business Support
'Return to work essentials'
If you own or manage a small business and have an injured worker who makes a WorkSafe claim, you may be able to get help in the return to work process.
WorkSafe's 'Return to Work Essentials' service is designed to meet the specific needs of small employers. The objective of the service is to promote the early, safe and sustainable return to work of injured workers.
If you are an eligible small business, you will be offered the service by your WorkSafe Agent. Your WorkSafe Agent will allocate a consultant who can then provide you with useful information for managing your worker's return to work, including:
- Assessing suitable work options for an injured worker
- Outlining return to work arrangements
- Completing reimbursement forms
- Completing electronic funds transfer forms
The two hour consultation is delivered in the first few weeks after a claim is made and is in addition to the ongoing support provided by your WorkSafe Agent
There will be no additional charge for this service
You will also receive a pack of WorkSafe publications and templates to help you manage your return to work obligations, including:
- A guide for employers - What to do if a worker is injured
- A guide for injured workers - Returning to work
- The basics you need to know - Return to work coordination
- A step by step guide to assessing suitable employment options - Suitable employment for injured workers
- Return to Work Arrangements template
- Electronic funds transfer form
- Return to Work Information Template