Registering Ownership Of Plant
Under Victoria’s OHS laws and regulations certain types of hazardous plant and machinery must be registered with WorkSafe before it is used at work.
You must register your ownership or use of these items of plant and machinery:
- Boilers categorised as hazard level A, B or C according to the criteria identified in AS 4343 - Pressure equipment - Hazard levels
- Pressure vessels categorised as hazard level A, B or C according to the criteria identified in AS 4343 - Pressure equipment - Hazard levels, other than –
- Tower cranes
- Self-erecting tower cranes
- Building maintenance units
- Amusement structures to which AS 3533 - Amusement rides and devices applies, other than amusement structures referred to in the standard as class 1 structures
- Concrete placing units (truck mounted with boom)
- Mobile cranes with a safe working load greater than 10 tonnes
The design of hazardous plant and machinery has different requirements under Victoria’s OHS laws.
If you are a manufacturer or importer please refer to the Registering the design of hazardous plant and machinery for more information.
For further details on your requirements to register individual items of plant in Victoria, please refer to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (2007) or contact WorkSafe Victoria’s Client Services team on 1800 136 089 or email email@example.com