Residential Care Services (Aged Care)
Did you know workers in residential care, including aged care, have a higher than average chance of being seriously injured at work?
More than 64% of these injuries are caused by hazardous manual handling and slips, trips and falls.
By the end of September, more than $9 million had been paid out on workplace injury claims made in 2010-11 in your industry alone. Overall, the average cost per claim is estimated to be $50,000.
You will find information on how to identify hazards and control risks on this page. Other guidance that may help you includes:
- Transferring people safely
- Repositioning people in bed
- Transferring people from beds and chairs
- Transferring people from toileting and bathing
- Assisting people who have fallen