Storage And Warehousing
Almost 70% of these injuries are caused by hazardous manual handling and slips, trips and falls.
In your industry alone, by the end of September, more than $3 million had been paid on workplace injury claims made in 2010-11. Overall, the average total claims cost is estimated to be $57,000 per claim.
You will find information on how to identify hazards and control risks on this page. Other guidance that may help you includes:
- A guide to manual order picking
- A guide to handling large, bulky or awkward items
- Unpacking shipping containers
- Safe operation of cold storage facilities
You may also find the following information helpful:
- Maintenance and repair - controlling risks during maintenance and repair, including guidance, checklists and sticker templates
- Slips, trips and falls - includes a comprehensive checklist to help you control the risks associated with slips, trips and falls
Further information: If you have any questions or need further advice, contact the WorkSafe advisory service.
Your health and safety guide to
Storage and Warehousing
|About the industry||Your legal duties||How to comply|
|About the industry|
What are the risks?
|Your legal duties|
Compliance and enforcement
|How to comply|