WorkSafe Strategy 2030
Creating safer and healthier workplaces for all Victorians.
Strategy 2030 community consultation paper outcome
WorkSafe received 36 submissions from a range of peak bodies, businesses and industries including education, health and community services, manufacturing, accommodation and hospitality, and trades and services organisations.
Several common themes emerged:
- maintaining WorkSafe's role as a strong regulator of workplace safety is a priority
- a desire for a more proactive, collaborative approach to health and safety
- recognition of new hazards and the changing nature of workplaces
- the need for education regarding rights and obligations in non-traditional workplaces
- the need for timely information on emerging trends and better training for health providers
- the need for more open, transparent communication and processes.
Stakeholder and community partnership is a priority as WorkSafe addresses new risks, new opportunities and unforeseen challenges in a world of rapid workplace change.
We are examining new ways to work with more closely with partners and the whole community to design services, advice and care to improve health and safety regulation and better meet the needs of workers, employers and all Victorians.
Together we will create a more proactive “prevention-led” culture to keep ourselves well and safe in our daily work lives.