7:00am - 7:20am: Registration
7:20am - 7:40am: Breakfast
7:40am - 8:50am: Tradies Breakfast Session
If you're a tradie, WorkSafe invites you to the Tradies Health & Safety Month Breakfast, where you can learn the latest about:
- Crystalline silica - why it's so dangerous, if you're at risk, and free health screening
- Working with electricity - why you should always isolate power sources prior to conducting work on or near electrical installations
- Working at heights - why a lanyard and harness system are not acceptable for installing solar panel systems
- Working in trenches - why are people dying whilst working in trenches
- Powered mobile plant - what you need to do when working on or near powered mobile plant
9:00am - 10:00am: Drugs and alcohol in the workplace - How to implement testing
The effects of drugs and alcohol are compromising health and safety in the workplace. Do you know what the risk factors are? Does your organisation know what the benefits from a drug and alcohol program are?
Discover the latest drug and alcohol policies which include the development, consultation, workforce involvement and implementation steps you need. Get practical with a sample policy to get you started with a testing regime, dealing with drug and alcohol issues at work and the benefits of having a policy in place.
10:10am - 11:10am: How do you know your controls for hazardous manual handling are working?
Do your workers handle people, equipment or other things? Has somebody been injured as a result? How do know your controls are working - and what do you need to do to improve them?
This session will discuss the legal duties surrounding manual handling risk controls and provide you with the information you need to know about how to review and revise these following the report of a manual handling injury.
11:10am - 11:30am: Morning tea
Breakfast and morning tea is provided.