7:00am - 7:20am: Registration
7:20am - 7:40am: Breakfast
7:40am - 8:50am: Tradies Breakfast Session
If you're a tradie, WorkSafe invites you to the Tradies Health & Safety Month Breakfast, where you can learn the latest about:
- Crystalline silica - why it's so dangerous, if you're at risk, and free health screening
- Working with electricity - why you should always isolate power sources prior to conducting work on or near electrical installations
- Working at heights - why a lanyard and harness system are not acceptable for installing solar panel systems
- Working in trenches - why are people dying whilst working in trenches
- Powered mobile plant - what you need to do when working on or near powered mobile plant
9:00am - 10:00am: Preventing mental injury in the workplace
Mental injury can be hard to identify in the workplace but organisational factors are present everywhere. They range from things such as work demands, relationships with colleagues or how much control someone has over their work.
WorkSafe can help inform and guide you on why these factors are so influential and ways to identify and address them to effectively manage risk of injury in the workplace.
10:10am - 11:10am: Secondary mental injury and support services
Learn how WorkSafe is approaching the increase in physically injured workers who develop a secondary mental injury. Find out which individuals are most at risk, the risk factors that an employer can look out for and how to respond.
WorkSafe will also outline the supports services available including Occupational Rehabilitation and dedicated psychological resources at WorkSafe Agents.
11:10am - 11:30am: Morning tea
Breakfast and morning tea provided.