7:00am - 7:20am: Registration
7:20am - 7:40am: Breakfast
7:40am - 8:50am: Tradies Breakfast Session
If you're a tradie, WorkSafe invites you to the Tradies Health & Safety Month Breakfast, where you can learn the latest about:
- Crystalline silica - why it's so dangerous, if you're at risk, and free health screening
- Working with electricity - why you should always isolate power sources prior to conducting work on or near electrical installations
- Working at heights - why a lanyard and harness system are not acceptable for installing solar panel systems
- Working in trenches - why are people dying whilst working in trenches
- Powered mobile plant - what you need to do when working on or near powered mobile plant
9:00am - 10:00am: Drugs and alcohol in the workplace - How to implement testing
The effects of drugs and alcohol are compromising health and safety in the workplace. Do you know what the risk factors are? Does your organisation know what the benefits from a drug and alcohol program are?
Discover the latest drug and alcohol policies which include the development, consultation, workforce involvement and implementation steps you need. Get practical with a sample policy to get you started with a testing regime, dealing with drug and alcohol issues at work and the benefits of having a policy in place.
10:10am - 11:10am: Preventing mental injury in the workplace
Mental injury can be hard to identify in the workplace but organisational factors are present everywhere. They range from things such as work demands, relationships with colleagues or how much control someone has over their work. WorkSafe can help inform and guide you on why these factors are so influential and ways to identify and address them to effectively manage risk of injury in the workplace.
11:10am - 11:30am: Morning tea
Breakfast and morning tea provided.