7:00am - 7:20am: Registration
7:20am - 7:40am: Breakfast
7:40am - 8:50am: Small Business Session
Are you a small business owner? We know that managing a business is more than a full-time job and that workplace safety is just one of your priorities.
Let WorkSafe help during this breakfast session where we cover:
- what an inspector looks for
- insurance and premiums
- OH&S (Occupational Health & Safety) business essentials
Ask questions during this interactive morning and discover practical ways to improve safety in your workplace.
9:00am - 10:00am: Drugs and alcohol in the workplace - How to implement testing
The effects of drugs and alcohol are compromising health and safety in the workplace. Do you know what the risk factors are? Does your organisation know what the benefits from a drug and alcohol program are?
Discover the latest drug and alcohol policies which include the development, consultation, workforce involvement and implementation steps you need. Get practical with a sample policy to get you started with a testing regime, dealing with drug and alcohol issues at work and the benefits of having a policy in place.
10:10am - 10:40am: Working at heights in general construction
There has been an increase of accidents and incidents when working at heights or working below two meters in recent times. The focus of this session is to promote safe working when at heights and in low areas, including information on how to select and use equipment, compliance and ongoing maintenance.
TS Construction will cover:
- Perimeter scaffolding, erection, compliance requirements, alterations by authorised persons, maintaining safe scaffold.
- Adverse weather (wind & rain) checking of scaffold after events.
- Working on trestles & planks.
- Use of EWPs.
- Access to roof areas.
- Void protection.
- Maintaining a clean worksite.
- Alternate methods of fall protection.
- Importance of toolbox meetings & site safety walks.
- Maintain safe work practices when working at low heights (below 2m)
10:40am - 11:00am: Morning tea
Breakfast and morning tea provided.