7:00am - 7:20am: Registration
7:20am - 7:40am: Breakfast
7:40am - 8:50am: Tradies Breakfast Session
If you're a tradie, WorkSafe invites you to the Tradies Health & Safety Month Breakfast, where you can learn the latest about:
- Crystalline silica - why it's so dangerous, if you're at risk, and free health screening
- Working with electricity - why you should always isolate power sources prior to conducting work on or near electrical installations
- Working at heights - why a lanyard and harness system are not acceptable for installing solar panel systems
- Working in trenches - why are people dying whilst working in trenches
- Powered mobile plant - what you need to do when working on or near powered mobile plant
9:00am - 10:00am: Dangerous goods, know your duties
The outcome of not managing dangerous goods properly can be dramatic. Do you understand your obligations under the Dangerous Goods Act?
This session is designed to raise awareness across small to medium businesses to better understand legislative obligations, tools, as well as specific WorkSafe and other support programs to assist in the management of dangerous goods.
10:10am - 11:10am: Preventing mental injury in the workplace
Mental injury can be hard to identify in the workplace but organisational factors are present everywhere. They range from things such as work demands, relationships with colleagues or how much control someone has over their work.
WorkSafe can help inform and guide you on why these factors are so influential and ways to identify and address them to effectively manage risk of injury in the workplace.
11:20am - 12:20pm: How do you know your controls for hazardous manual handling are working?
Do your workers handle people, equipment or other things? Has somebody been injured as a result? How do know your controls are working - and what do you need to do to improve them?
This session will discuss the legal duties surrounding manual handling risk controls and provide you with the information you need to know about how to review and revise these following the report of a manual handling injury.
12:20pm - 1:00pm: Lunch
Breakfast and light lunch provided.