Early Intervention Physiotherapy Framework (EIPF)
The Early Intervention Physiotherapy Framework (EIPF) is a service model that recognises the importance of early treatment in facilitating return to work and return to health outcomes.
Any physiotherapist can enroll in EIPF by completing the required training and signing a declaration to provide services in line with the WorkSafe Victoria developed Clinical Framework for the Delivery of Health Services. This framework is a set of guiding principles intended to support healthcare professionals in their treatment of an injury through:
- measurement and demonstration of the effectiveness of treatment
- adoption of a biopsychosocial approach
- empower the injured person to manage their injury
- iplementing goals focused on optimising function, participation and return to work
- base treatment on best available research evidence.
Note: WorkSafe Victoria expects that all health professionals providing services to workers will integrate the principles of the Clinical Framework for the Delivery of Health Services into their daily practice.
How to join EIPF
1. Ensure you are registered to provide services to the WorkSafe
2. Read the fact sheets below to decide if joining the EIPF is right for you (including the service standards and sample declaration)
3. Complete the online training
To log in, you need to register (the 'Register' button is on the right of the screen). This allows you to resume the training later if you need to. Questions throughout the training are for learning purposes only. Your answers will not affect your ability to enrol in the EIPF program.
4. Sign and return the declaration to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: (03) 9656 9432. Your enrolment will start from the date your declaration is received by the TAC and WorkSafe. A confirmation letter will also be sent, for your records.
5. Please send enquiries to email@example.com.
- EIPF Policy framework [PDF, 322 kB)
- EIPF Fee schedule [PDF, 201 kB]
- EIPF Model explained [PDF, 77 kB]
- EIPF Information about fees, billing and travel [PDF, 93 kB]
- EIPF Information about training and enrolment [PDF, 75 kB]
- EIPF Information about the Quality Improvement Framework [PDF, 37 kB]
- EIPF Example of declaration [PDF, 692 kB]
- EIPF Service standards [PDF, 631 kB]
- Physiotherapy management plan [PDF, 53 kB]
- EIPF FAQ for physiotherapy servicing and certified capacity measures [PDF, 300 kB]