Education: Joint primary / secondary schools
These are the most common injuries and hazards for people working in joint primary / secondary schools, as shown by injury claims. This includes schools engaged in providing both primary and secondary school education including boarding school operation, agricultural high school operation, area school operations, central school operation, district school operation.
WorkSafe expects employers to have safety solutions in place to protect workers from the most common sources of injury.
Hazards and Solutions
- Hazard 1 Challenging behaviour of students or parents
- Hazard 2 Classroom and office ergonomics
- Hazard 3 Heavy lifting repetitive awkward postures and pushing / pulling equipment
- Hazard 4 PE and sporting activities
- Hazard 5 Slips trips and falls
- Hazard 6 Work-related stress bullying and harassment
- Hazard 7 Working with machinery (eg saws)