Melbourne Victory masterclass (Facebook promotion)
Melbourne Victory masterclass (Facebook promotion)
Promoter: Victorian WorkCover Authority (ABN 90 296 467 627), of 222 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000.
- Information on how to enter the promotion, mechanics of entry, and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is voluntary and only open to persons who are residents of Victoria (Entrants). Directors, management and employees (and their immediate family) of the Promoter or one of its agents connected with this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion.
- Entrants aged under 18 years at the time of submitting their entry must obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the promotion. All entries of Entrants who are under the age of 18 and have not obtained the required parental or guardian consent (as and where required) will be deemed invalid. These Terms and Conditions will bind the Entrants and any parent or legal guardian who gives their consent (for Entrants aged under 18 years). If a winning Entrant is aged under 18 years, their prize will be awarded to the parent or legal guardian who consented to the winning Entrant entering the promotion, on behalf of the winning Entrant, at the discretion of the Promoter.
How to enter
- Entries open at 01:00pm (AEDST) on Tuesday 3/04/2018 and close at 11:59pm (AEDST) on Thursday 5/04/2018 (Promotional Period).
- To enter the promotion, Entrants must, during the Promotional Period, visit:
- www.facebook.com/worksafevictoria and leave a comment stating, in 25 words or less, what it means to be a good team player
- Only one (1) entry per person is permitted. Any subsequent entry after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid.
The prizes and how prizes will be awarded
- The first ten eligible entries randomly drawn from all entries received will each win entry to Melbourne Victory's April 2018 Masterclass on January 10, 11 and 12, 2018(each, a Prize).
- There are a total of ten Prizes each valued at $299.
- Total Prize value is $2,990.
- The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
5. The Prize is only available to children aged between 6-14 years old
Winner notification and method for claiming Prizes
- The draw to determine the ten winners will be held at 222 Exhibition Street, Melbourne. The draw will commence at 10:00am (AEDST) on Friday 6/04/2018 and the first ten Entrants drawn will each be a recipient of a Prize (each, a Winning Entrant). The Winning Entrants will be notified by the Promoter in writing (by Facebook message). The Winning Entrants' names and suburbs will be published on the WorkSafe Victoria Facebook page once the Winning Entrants have claimed the Prizes and proved their eligibility as Winning Entrants.
- Winning Entrants must contact the Promoter and confirm their eligibility to win the Prize and ability to take the Prize within three business days of receiving the notification that their entry has been drawn; otherwise their entry will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request the Winning Entrants produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification, proof of being a Victorian resident, or other documentation (to the Promoter's satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm a Winning Entrant's identity, eligibility to enter and claim a Prize, and any information submitted by a Winning Entrant in entering the promotion, before issuing a Prize (including confirming consent from a Winning Entrant's parent or legal guardian and the name, age and contact details of the parent or legal guardian that gave their consent, where a Winning Entrant is under 18 years of age). If a Winning Entrant has not been verified or validated to the Promoter's satisfaction then all the entries of that Entrant will be ineligible and deemed invalid.
- It is a condition of accepting a Prize that a Winning Entrant may be required to sign a legal release or releases in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- The Winning Entrants must provide their contact details upon being notified of their winning entry. The Promoter takes no responsibility for the loss of a Prize for any reasons outside of the Promoter's control. A Prize that is not claimed by the Winning Entrant will be deemed to be forfeited.
- The Winning Entrants must provide registration details for participation in Melbourne Victory's Masterclass in order to claim their Prize: https://www.gomvfc.com.au/masterclass/
- Acceptance of a Prize is also subject to Melbourne Victory's prevailing terms and conditions pertaining to participation in the Masterclass program: https://www.gomvfc.com.au/site/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Indemnity-April-Masterclass-2017.pdf
Conditions relating to the acceptance of Prizes
- All additional costs which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a Prize are the responsibility of a Winning Entrant.
- No compensation will be payable if a Winning Entrant is unable to use their Prize for whatever reason. The Promoter accepts no responsibility if a Prize is lost or stolen. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss suffered beyond the control of the Promoter and Winning Entrants will not be entitled to any additional benefits or prizes as a consequence of the loss.
- The Promoter may draw ten (10) additional reserve entries and record them (in order) in case an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant is drawn or an Entrant is unable to accept a Prize. In the event of an invalid entry or an ineligible Entrant, or if an Entrant is unable to accept a Prize, the relevant Prize will be awarded to the next reserve entry drawn. If a Prize cannot be awarded to the reserve Entrant drawn (based on the above circumstances), the Promoter will continue the process until the Prize is awarded. No extension or variation of the times and dates nominated by the Promoter will be permitted.
- The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Costs associated with entry
- Costs associated with accessing the WorkSafe Victoria Facebook page remain an Entrant's responsibility and may vary depending on the internet service provider used.
Ownership of entries
- An entry and any copyright subsisting in an entry irrevocably becomes, at time of entry, the property of the Promoter.
Validity of entries & disqualification of Entrants
- Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid.
- An entry is deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Entries which are partially or wholly incomplete, inaccurate, false, erroneous, ineligible and incomprehensible or outside the intent of the campaign, will automatically be deemed invalid. Contact details entered incorrectly on the Promotional Site by an Entrant will automatically deem an entry invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the promotion if the Promoter reasonably believes that they have attempted, deliberate or otherwise to: (a) tamper with the entry process; (b) submit an entry which is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; and/or (c) engage in any unlawful or other improper conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter in full for those losses, damages and costs payable as a debt due on demand.
- The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
- The Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to loss and/or damage arising from: (i) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (ii) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) any entry, Prize claim or Prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (iv) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (v) any tax liability incurred by a Winning Entrant or entrant; and/or (vi) acceptance and/or use of any Prize.
Modification or cancellation of the promotion
- If this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
Collection of personal information
- The Promoter collects personal information about an Entrant for the primary purpose of including the Entrant in the promotion and, where appropriate, awarding Prizes. If the personal information requested is not provided, the Entrant cannot participate in the promotion and is deemed ineligible.
- Personal information is collected by WorkSafe Victoria for the purpose of processing and administering this promotion, including contacting the Entrant about the promotion during the promotion period, sending an electronic survey at the conclusion of the campaign and notifying the Entrant about future Jobs at Home Day promotions.