The man died at the site after he was exposed to toxic material while working on a pipe.
The company is required to comply with the improvement notices within a specific timeframe.
WorkSafe requires the company to:
- Have a Permit to Work system that ensures the risks associated with tasks are adequately identified and controlled.
- Ensure employees have adequate information and training relating to risks and subsequent controls.
- Ensure the highest order of control that is reasonably practicable, is used to control the risk of persons falling more than two metres.
- Provide an assessment of risks associated with the storage and handling of phenol and Dichlorophenol isomers.
- Ensure any risk of skin exposure associated with the storage and handling of dangerous goods at the premises is eliminated or if it is not practicable to eliminate the risk, reduced so far as is practicable.
WorkSafe’s investigation into the incident is continuing.