New OHS and EPS Regulations have commenced
The new Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017 (OHS Regulations) and Equipment (Public Safety) Regulations 2017 (EPS Regulations) commenced on 18 June 2017.
Resources are available on this page to assist you in understanding the new Regulations and what the changes mean for you. This includes summaries of the changes and comprehensive guides comparing the 2007 and 2017 Regulations.
You can access the new OHS Regulations 2017 and EPS Regulations 2017 online – visit the Victorian Law Today tab at www.legislation.vic.gov.au.
What has changed?
The new OHS Regulations 2017 are mainly the same as the OHS Regulations 2007. However, you need to be aware of the changes and make sure you are compliant.
If you are affected by the changes, the detailed information and guides available on this page will help you identify how to stay compliant.
For further information you can contact the WorkSafe Victoria Advisory Service on 1800 136 089 or email email@example.com.
Compliance codes review
With the new OHS Regulations 2017 in effect, the compliance codes that align with the Regulations are now under review. In consultation with stakeholders, WorkSafe has updated the codes. Eight of the proposed codes were recently available for public comment, and four additional proposed compliance codes are expected to be made available for public comment in late 2017. Find out more about the Compliance Codes Review.
- Guide to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017 [PDF, 820 kB]
- Guide to the Equipment (Public Safety) Regulations 2017 [PDF, 254 kb]
- Summary of changes – Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017 [PDF, 240 kB]
- Summary of changes – Equipment (Public Safety) Regulations 2017 [PDF, 333 kB]
- Reconciliation table – Occupational Health and Safety Regulations [PDF, 758 kB]
- Reconciliation table – Equipment (Public Safety) Regulations [PDF, 374 kB]
- Frequently Asked Questions – OHS and EPS Regulations 2017 [PDF, 86 kB]
- Fees – OHS and EPS Regulations 2017 [PDF, 538 kB]