Inheriting another employer's claims history
If you take over part or all of another employer's business and you continue the same activity they were undertaking, you may inherit the claims history of that employer. This can happen, even if:
- the activity is carried on at a different location or by a different employer
- the predominant activity inherited is not the major activity of the new workplace
- part of the former workplace ceases
- part of the activity continues to be carried on by the former workplace
- there is a change in legal entity or legal status.
If you can demonstrate that you are not associated with the previous employer, their claims history will not be applied to your workplace.
The claims history of your business may affect your WorkCover insurance premium. Further information can be provided by your WorkCover Agent.