Licence To Drive A Vehicle Transporting Explosives
The Application for an explosives licence authorises you to drive a vehicle transporting explosives by land above the prescribed quantities.
To apply for a licence you must provide proof of competency by passing an approved test or completing an approved or accredited training course through a registered training organisation. You must also undergo a medical assessment and submit a completed medical fitness certificate and driving records history.
- $62.50 per licence
- $21.88 for an amendment to a licence
- $40 National Police check
- $20 ASIO security assessment (if you have previously completed an ASIO security assessment through WorkSafe you do not need repeat or pay for this assessment again.)
Licence is valid for up to 5 years.
Getting the application form
- You can get the application form from a registered training organisation, all WorkSafe offices or from WorkSafe’s Licensing branch on 1300 852 562.
- To view a sample form click here.
Where to send the form
- Lodge your completed application form at a participating Australia Post outlet.
- Ensure your form is completed correctly and all supporting information is provided. Your signature must be witnessed by an Australia Post officer when you lodge your application.
- An Australia Post officer will check your application form, verify all supporting information and will forward your application to WorkSafe for processing.
Complete the application form and provide the following information:
- Application to conduct a National Police check and ASIO security assessment form including Drivers licence details
- training or competency certificate completed with a registered training organisation no longer than six months before your application.
- Driver commercial health assessment – medical certificate
- a passport sized and quality photograph
- VicRoads demerit point extract and conviction reports for the last five years, dated not more than six months prior to your application
Take your completed unsigned application form and all other information to an Australia Post outlet for processing.
If you are renewing your licence, in addition to providing the information above, please provide your existing licence number.
- Contact the Licensing branch on 1300 852 562 or email email@example.com
- About driving a vehicle transporting explosives.
- Dangerous Goods (Explosives) Regulations 2000
- Dangerous goods licence conditions
- Dangerous goods transport
- More information about -Licence to drive a vehicle transporting explosives (PDF)
- You can purchase copies of the Dangerous Goods (Explosives) Regulations 2011 from Information Victoria on 1300 366 356 or you can view them at legislation.vic.gov.au.