Support centre

Claim Enquiries

Support Centre - Claim Enquiries Close

Most popular questions

Licence To Transport Explosives By Road

About the licence
Apply or renew
More information

About the licence 

To transport explosives by road, your vehicle must have an explosives vehicle licence. In addition the driver of the vehicle must hold a licence to drive the vehicle transporting explosives.


  • $62.50 for each vehicle licensed
  • $21.88 for an amendment to the licence
  • $40 National Police check
  • $20 ASIO security assessment (if you have previously completed an ASIO security assessment through WorkSafe you do not need to repeat or pay for this assessment again.)

Licence is valid for up to 5 years.

Where to send the form

WorkSafe Licensing branch
GPO Box 4293
Melbourne VIC 3001

Link to the application form
Application for an explosives vehicle licence

Apply or renew the licence 

Complete the application form and also provide:

If you are renewing your licence you are not required to complete the identification forms again unless your details have changed. In addition to providing the information above, please provide your existing licence number.

More information