Fatigue can affect a person’s health and increase the chance of workplace injuries. This guide outlines the legal duties of workplaces to reduce fatigue-related injuries among workers. It explains:
- what causes fatigue and how it affects workers
- how to identify when fatigue is a hazard in the workplace
- how to consult with employees and health and safety representatives to prevent fatigue
- ways to use a risk management approach to prevent fatigue by addressing mental and physical demands, work scheduling, working time, environmental conditions and factors outside the workplace
- providing workers with training about fatigue
At the end of the document there are case studies to demonstrate how to prevent fatigue, along with relevant tools for more information.