What it contains
Lead is poisonous and exposure to it in the workplace makes it a serious health and safety risk.
If your work involves lead processes, there are specific duties and obligations you need to comply with under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHS Act) 2004 and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (OHS Regulations) 2017.
This guide advises how employers can manage risks and comply with their duties. It explains:
- the health risks of lead exposure
- what lead processes and lead-risk work are
- an employer's legal responsibilities when lead processes and lead-risk work are carried out
- an employee's legal responsibilities when working with lead
- how to control lead risks by eliminating and reducing lead exposure
- how to undertake health monitoring for lead-risk work