What it contains
Lead is poisonous and exposure to it in the workplace makes it a serious health and safety risk. This guide advises how employers can manage risks. It explains:
- the health risks of lead exposure
- an employer’s legal responsibilities in reducing or eliminating these risks
- an employee’s legal responsibilities in reducing or eliminating these risks
- who employers must consult with about these risks
- how to find out your employees’ lead exposure risk
- how to control these risks by eliminating and reducing lead exposure
At the end of the document, there is a glossary of terms used in the guide.
Communicating across languages: Your health and safety guide
Are you performing lead-risk work?
Lead at work: Legal duties
Working with lead - handling lead powder compounds: A health and safety solution
Metal fabrication: Improving safety through welding and grinding task layout and design
Information for employers about powder coating: A health and safety solution
Foundries: Your health and safety guide