What it contains
Controlling noise levels in the workplaces can prevent workers from being exposed to sounds exceeding noise exposure standards. This document advises how to control noise using the following steps:
- identify the source of noise
- rank noise sources, including levels, duration and number of employees exposed
- identify potential noise control options
- trial potential control options
- review employee exposure after introducing controls
At the end of the document, there is also a worksheet providing potential control options.