What it contains
These 7 tips are easy to understand, practical and an excellent resource to refer to.
- Tip 1: Young workers need your support - they're vulnerable to injury at work.
- Tip 2: It's the law - you must provide a safe and healthy workplace for all employee's, including young workers.
- Tip 3: Start the conversation - young workers often have good questions, fresh eyes and new ideas to put forward.
- Tip 4: Tailor their training - only ask young workers to do the work if they fully understand the task.
- Tip 5: Lead by example - supervisors should always reinforce health and safety on the job and wear or use correct personal protective equipment.
- Tip 6: Develop policies and procedures - have health and safety policies and procedures in place that are agreed and understood by the workplace - and enforced.
- Tip 7: Foster a positive safety environment - implementing a 'buddy' system by paring young workers with experienced workers is just one way you can show your support.