What it contains
Fatigue can affect a person's health and increase the chance of workplace injuries.
This guide outlines the legal duties of workplaces to reduce fatigue-related injuries among employees. It explains:
- what causes fatigue and how it affects employees
- how to identify when fatigue is a hazard in the workplace
- how to consult with employees and health and safety representatives to prevent fatigue
- ways to use a risk management approach to prevent fatigue by addressing mental and physical demands, work scheduling, working time, environmental conditions and factors outside the workplace
- providing employees with training about fatigue
At the end of the document there are case studies to demonstrate how to prevent fatigue along with relevant tools and resources to assist employers.