Information for return to work coordinators
On this page
- Responsibilities of a Return to Work Coordinator
A Return to Work Coordinator is the key person in the workplace that assists injured workers to remain at or return to work as soon as safely possible after injury. They also assist their employer meet their return to work obligations under the Victorian Workers Compensation Legislation.
The responsibilities of a Return to Work Coordinator are to:
- assist injured workers to remain at or return to work while they recover from a work-related injury
- plan the worker's return to work if they require time away from work to recover and make decisions to progress their return
- consult with the injured worker, their treating health practitioner, occupational rehabilitation provider, WorkSafe Agent or worker's representative if they have one
- monitor the progress of an injured worker's recovery
- take steps to prevent a recurrence or aggravation of the injury
- act as a point of contact for a WorkSafe Return to Work Inspector
- help resolve any issues or disputes related to return to work.
Return to Work Coordinator success stories
Note: The Certificate of Capacity shown in this video was updated on 1 July 2014.
Role of the return to work coordinator training course information, approved providers, application form.