All applicants must complete the WorkSafe Application for Registration to Provide Services to Workers form and provide all requested documentation including copies of qualifications and membership (or evidence of eligibility for membership) where required. WorkSafe will contact providers if additional information or clarification is required before processing the application.
Professional interpreting services
Application for registration to provide interpreting services may be made by individuals or organisations.
Professional interpreting service providers must:
- complete the WorkSafe Application for Registration to Provide Services to Workers form
- provide written confirmation that they have:
- National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) Professional level accreditation (formerly referred to as Level 3), or
- NAATI Paraprofessional level accreditation (formerly Level 2) for languages where Professional level accreditation is not available for assessment, or
- been assessed as suitable to provide interpreter services based on education and experience when NAATI accreditation at any level is not available.
- maintain at all times a minimum of $1 million professional indemnity insurance coverage.
A WorkSafe provider number will be issued for invoicing purposes.