Allied health professional: Return to work roles

What is the role of an allied health professional during the return to work process?


Allied health professionals

You may require treatment for your injury from an allied health professional. You do not need a referral/request from your medical practitioner if you are seeking treatment from a physiotherapist, chiropractor, osteopath or podiatrist.

However, you will need to obtain a referral/request from your medical practitioner for other types of allied health services approved by WorkSafe.

You can choose which allied healthcare professional you use providing they are registered with WorkSafe. When you visit an allied healthcare professional, you should provide them with information about your claim, employer, WorkSafe agent and work duties.