Crown employees: Worker or contractor?

Understand whether crown employees are considered workers for the purposes of WorkSafe.


This content has been replaced by

Crown employees

You're a worker of the Crown for WorkCover insurance if you are:

  • responsible Minister of the Crown
  • a member of the Legislative Council or the Legislative Assembly
  • a person holding any judicial or other office to which the person is appointed by the Governor in Council
  • a bail justice
  • any person being the holder of any office as member of any public corporation, institution or body or of the governing body thereof
  • a member of police personnel within the meaning of the Police Regulation Act 1958 in respect of the exercise and performance of the powers and duties as such a member, whether arising at common law or under any statute by the instructions of superiors or otherwise.