You must notify WorkSafe before performing asbestos removal work
You must complete a notification for each job and location where you perform asbestos removal work.
- at least 24 hours before starting asbestos removal work if the total area to be removed is 10 square metres or less of non-friable asbestos-containing material
- within 24 hours of starting asbestos removal work if the asbestos removal work is undertaken as the result of an unexpected situation (see regulation 299 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2017)
- at least five days before the asbestos removal work starts in all other cases, including where asbestos removal work involves friable asbestos or non-friable asbestos greater than 10 square metres.
What you’ll need
- details about the licensed removalist
- details about the training and experience of the person performing the asbestos removal work
- details about the site where asbestos will be removed
- details about the type of asbestos being removed