Counsellors: Register as a provider


Registered counsellors

WorkSafe can only pay for counselling services provided by registered counsellors. To be registered by WorkSafe, counsellors must meet the following requirements:

  1. hold a Bachelor or Masters qualification in Counselling, and
  2. hold a level 3 or 4 membership with the Australian Counselling Association (ACA)


hold full clinical membership with the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA).

Counsellors must:

  • complete the WorkSafe Application for Registration to Provide Services to Workers form
  • provide evidence of their current membership as an ACA Level 3 or 4 or PACFA Clinical counsellor
  • provide evidence of the completion of a Bachelor or Masters qualification in Counselling

Registration to provide counselling services to injured workers will be valid for three years from the registration date. The counsellor must then provide evidence of current ACA Level 3 or 4 or PACFA Clinical membership to continue their registration every three years.

A WorkSafe provider number will be issued for invoicing purposes.