The following WorkSafe licences are available in a digital format:
- dangerous goods driver
- dangerous goods vehicle (Fleet Trailer Licence)
- plant registration
- driver transporting explosives
- blasting explosives
- high risk work
- High Consequence Dangerous Goods (HCDG) permit
You can apply for, manage and access digital licences online via myWorkSafe. From your myWorkSafe account, you can view, download and print your digital licence if required.
If you submit an application for a digital licence through myWorkSafe, you won't receive a plastic licence in the post.
Visit myWorkSafe.vic.gov.au to set up your myWorkSafe account. If you need help setting up your online portal account, please contact the WorkSafe advisory service.
Digital licence benefits
Quicker processing times
- Digital licence applications are often processed quicker than licence applications submitted through Australia Post. If your digital licence application is approved it will be available for use immediately.
Convenience and easy access
- Using myWorkSafe to manage your licence allows you to view and update your personal details at any time.
- With a myWorkSafe account you can receive licence updates by email.
- Digital licences can be viewed, displayed, printed, emailed, renewed and additional classes applied for, quickly and easily through myWorkSafe.
Validating digital licences
An employer or work site can validate a WorkSafe digital licence on the WorkSafe website.
A watermark now appears on all digital licences to increase security and to help employers recognise WorkSafe accredited licences.
Plastic licences have their own built-in security features and cannot be validated on the WorkSafe website.
Display a digital licence
If you don't have a digital device such as a smartphone, tablet or computer to display your digital licence, you can print a paper copy or email the licence in PDF format.
Some WorkSafe licences are still issued in plastic form. There are also plastic licences in the types listed above that have not yet expired. These licences are still valid. If an existing plastic licence is lost, damaged or renewed, it is replaced as a digital licence.
Plastic licences are still available if you submit your application through Australia Post, although it will take longer to receive than a digital licence. Plastic licences can be linked to a myWorkSafe account, which gives you access to a digital licence in addition to a plastic licence.