Before you start your application
For your applications to be processed, you need to supply the following documents as part of your application:
- proof of identity documents
100 point ID check
- a completed reference form
Form to provide to a referee along with your identification documents
- provide a copy of your vehicle driver licence
It must be a certified front and back copy.
- provide proof of passing a WorkSafe approved test or course by a Registered Training Organisation
provide proof of passing a WorkSafe approved test or course by a Registered Training Organisation
- undergo a medical assessment and submit a completed medical fitness certificate
Obtain a medical certificate for a driver commercial health assessment
- provide a demerit point extract and conviction report
Provide a demerit point extract and conviction report for at least the last five years, dated no more than six months prior to your application. This can be purchased from VicRoads or interstate authority.
WorkSafe does not accept evidence of practical experience for this licence application.
Renewing your current explosives driver licence
To renew your current licence, you're required to complete renewal training at a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). WorkSafe will send you a renewal notice.
For an amendment to the licence.
National police check.
ASIO security assessment.
This licence is valid for five years.