About the licence
The application for an explosives licence authorises you to drive a vehicle transporting explosives by land above the prescribed quantities.
To apply for a licence you must:
- provide proof of competency by passing an approved test, or
- completing an approved or accredited training course through a registered training organisation.
You must also undergo a medical assessment and submit a completed medical fitness certificate and driving records history.
For an amendment to the licence.
National Police check.
ASIO security assessment.
This licence is valid for 5 years.
If you have previously completed an ASIO security assessment through WorkSafe you do not need repeat or pay for this assessment again.
Apply for or renew the licence
- Complete training with an authorised training provider
- Get an application form
- Complete the form
- Provide 100 points of identification
- Get your photo taken or bring a photo with you
- Make payment
- Provide evidence of training
- Submit all documentation