Independent medical examinations – Pain management specialist service fees effective from 1 July 2018
WorkSafe will pay up to a maximum amount for the following categories of the service.
|Item number||Service description||Fee||GST||Total (inc. GST)|
|STP100||First examination and report
- Inclusive of conducting the examination, report writing, eading time and any incidentals (such as postage, photography and faxing services).
- Diagnostic tests (such as x-rays) carried out as a necessary part of the examination are not included in the first examination and report item code and will be reimbursed in accordance with WorkSafe policies,the relevant Medical Benefit Schedule item code and the WorkSafe’s Reimbursement Rates for Medical Practitioners.
|STP200||Subsequent examination and report
- Applies where a WorkSafe Agent requests a report within 12 months of the first examination and report for the same claim.
|STP550||Non-attendance or cancellation
- Non-attendance fee is applicable where an IME appointment is cancelled by the WorkSafe Agent on the day of the appointment or where the injured worker does not attend.
- Applies where a WorkSafe Agent provides information additional to that initially provided or to answer additional questions not initially asked and the IME has previously examined an injured worker in the past 12 months.
- An IME is not required to conduct a re-examination (or recontact) the injured worker in order to provide the additional information.