Premiums Order 2019/20
The methods for calculating employer WorkCover premiums for the 2019/20 year are set out in the Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013 Premiums Order (No. 27) which is published in the Victoria Government Gazette Periodical No. P1 Wednesday 29 May 2019.
Industry rates for 2019/20
Industry Rates for the 2019/20 premium year are set out in Special Gazette No. S 207 which is published in the Victoria Government Gazette on Wednesday 29 May 2019.
Average premium rate for 2019/20
The average premium rate for 2019/20 is 1.272% of the state's rateable remuneration
Key dates for 2019/20:
Claims Statement available on line - 14 May 2019
If employers reported claims between 1 January 2016 and 30 June 2018 they can access a WorkCover Insurance Claims Statement using Worksafe’s Online Employer Services from 14 May 2019. This statement is only provided once a year and is used to calculate premium for the 2019/20 year.
Certificate of Currency
Certificates are available from 11 June 2019. To have a Certificate of Currency sent to you each year sign up for email delivery via WorkSafe's Online Employer Services.
Buying out your excess
Employers have until 1 August 2019 to take up the excess buy-out option.
Updating your premium
Employers can review or update their Estimate of Rateable Remuneration for 2019/20 (from 22 March 2019) and can also pay their premium online based on their updated remuneration using WorkSafe's Online Employer Services.
Submissions received before 30 June 2019 will be reflected in renewal notifications.
Premium Renewal Notices
Employers can access their 2019/20 Premium Renewal notifications online using WorkSafe's Online Employer Services from 11 July 2019.
2019/20 Premium due dates
- 5% discount due date – 5 August 2019
- 3% discount due date – 1 October 2019
- First premium instalment (for monthly or quarterly plans) – 1 October 2019
- Annual premium due date (without discount) – 1 November 2019
Dates for certifying your 2018/19 remuneration
- 25 October 2019 (if your 2017/18 rateable remuneration was more than $200,000).
- 27 March 2020 (if your 2017/18 rateable remuneration was $200,000 or less).
Other key dates and parameters for WorkSafe insurance premiums in the 2019/20 Premiums Order.
- Claims Reporting Period – 1 January 2016 to 30 June 2018
- Remuneration Experience Period – 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2018
- Minimum premium – $208 ($228.80 including GST)
- Maximum claims cost for an individual claim – $403,100
- Maximum legal costs for an individual claim – $75,400
- Maximum recovery – for an individual claim allocated to an employers' performance calculation - $403,100