Premiums Order 2021/22
The methods for calculating employer WorkCover premiums for the 2021/22 year are set out in the Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013 Premiums Order (No. 29) which is published in the Victoria Government Gazette Periodical No. P1 Wednesday 9 June 2021.
Industry rates for 2021/22
Industry Rates for the 2021/22 premium year are set out in Special Gazette No. S 274 which is published in the Victoria Government Gazette on Wednesday 9 June 2021.
Average premium rate for 2021/22
The average premium rate for 2021/22 is 1.272% of the state's rateable remuneration.
Key dates for 2021/22:
Claims Statement available on line - 18 May 2021
If employers reported claims between 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2020 they can access a WorkCover Insurance Claims Statement using Worksafe's Online Employer Services from 18 May 2021. This statement is only provided once a year and is used to calculate premium for the 2020/21 year.
Certificate of Currency
Certificates are available from 8 June 2021. To have a Certificate of Currency sent to you each year sign up for email delivery via WorkSafe's Online Employer Services.
Buying out your excess
Employers have until 1 August 2021 to take up the excess buy-out option.
Updating your premium
Employers can review or update their Estimate of Rateable Remuneration for 2020/21 (from 23 March 2021) and can also pay their premium online based on their updated remuneration using WorkSafe's Online Employer Services.
Submissions received before 30 June 2021 will be reflected in renewal notifications.
Premium Renewal Notices
Employers can access their 2021/22 Premium Renewal notifications online using WorkSafe's Online Employer Services from 3 July 2021.
2020/21 Premium due dates
- 5% discount due date – 31 August 2021
- 3% discount due date – 1 October 2021
- First premium instalment (for monthly or quarterly plans) – 1 October 2021
- Annual premium due date (without discount) – 1 November 2021
Dates for certifying your 2020/21 remuneration
- 22 October 2021 (if your 2019/20 rateable remuneration was more than $200,000)
- 25 March 2022 (if your 2019/20 rateable remuneration was $200,000 or less)
Other key dates and parameters for WorkSafe insurance premiums in the 2020/21 Premiums Order
- Claims Reporting Period – 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2020
- Remuneration Experience Period – 1 July 2017 – 30 June 2020
- Minimum premium – $225 ($247.50 including GST)
- Maximum claims cost for an individual claim – $434,500
- Maximum legal costs for an individual claim – $81,300
- Maximum recovery – for an individual claim allocated to an employers' performance calculation - $434,500