Agriculture: Dairy cattle farming and milking
These are the most common injuries and hazards for people working in the dairy cattle farming industry, as shown by injury claims.
WorkSafe expects employers to have safety solutions in place to protect workers from the most common sources of injury.
Hazards and Solutions
- Hazard 1 Chemicals (eg during cleaning)
- Hazard 2 Interaction with livestock
- Hazard 3 Manual handling (eg milking)
- Hazard 4 Using tools and equipment
- Hazard 5 Using tractors and other plant
- Hazard 6 Wet muddy and uneven surfaces
- Hazard 7 Zoonoses (eg Q-Fever)