These are the most common injuries and hazards for people working in the ambulance service, as shown by injury claims.
WorkSafe expects employers to have safety solutions in place to protect workers from the most common sources of injury.
Hazards and Solutions
- Hazard 1 Being hit by objects
- Hazard 2 Fatigue and shift work
- Hazard 3 Lifting and moving patients or heavy objects
- Hazard 4 Post-traumatic stress
- Hazard 5 Repetitive movements (including getting in / out of vehicles)
- Hazard 6 Work-related stress bullying and harassment
- Hazard 7 Work-related violence