These are the most common injuries and hazards for people working in the earth resources industry, as shown by injury claims.
WorkSafe expects employers to have safety solutions in place to protect workers from the most common sources of injury.
Hazards and Solutions
- Hazard 1 Exposure to dust fumes and silica
- Hazard 2 Heavy lifting and pushing / pulling objects
- Hazard 3 Noise
- Hazard 4 Operating vehicles and plant
- Hazard 5 Repetitive tasks
- Hazard 6 Slips trips and falls
- Hazard 7 Using mechanical tools and equipment
- Hazard 8 Work-related stress bullying and harassment