These are the most common injuries and hazards for people working in education, as shown by injury claims. The education sector includes government and non-government preschools, primary and secondary schools, special schools and higher education institutions.
WorkSafe expects employers to have safety solutions in place to protect workers from the most common sources of injury.
Hazards and Solutions
- Hazard 1 Classroom and office ergonomics
- Hazard 2 Handling people
- Hazard 3 Lifting and carrying
- Hazard 4 Slips trips and falls
- Hazard 5 Work-related stress bullying and harassment
- Hazard 6 Working with machinery